Dental CrownsReplace chipped or worn down teeth: restorative, cosmetic, and emergency dentistry
uh-oh: Chipped, sensitive, broken tooth?
Dental crowns may be necessary to replace broken down old fillings as well as fractured, chipped or sensitive teeth. Crowns are also used to improve the appearance of natural teeth that may be malformed, malpositioned or have become discoloured.
Dental crowns are made of natural-looking porcelain and are used to help improve your overall smile or to blend in with your own set of teeth. Sometimes, an underlying metal shell may be used under the porcelain if additional strength is necessary.
About Dental Crowns
How do you know if you require a crown?
- A weakened tooth structure in a previously filled tooth that can no longer support the filling;
- Extensive damage caused by decay;
- Discolourations and compromised aesthetics;
- Previous root canal (teeth may become brittle and may need extra protection);
- Previous bridges (crowns may be required to support replacement teeth and strengthen and protect remaining tooth structure).
ask us about our restorative and emergency dentistry services
Nosehill Dental ensures that each individual has access to dental solutions tailored to their specific needs, without exceptions. All our patients are treated equally and are encouraged to ask questions, seek clarification, and take an active role in their own dental care plan, in order to achieve oral health for life.
Dental crowns don’t have to be confusing. The Nosehill Dental Centre team welcomes all of your questions!