Oral Conscious Sedation
The next level of sedation, known as oral conscious sedation, has become increasingly popular. Commonly referred to as sedation, or “sleep” dentistry, this method involves the administration of prescription medications to our patients just before treatment. Oral conscious sedation dentistry at Nosehill Dental Centre enables our NW Calgary patients to reach a deeper state of sedation than is possible with nitrous oxide, allowing them to remain conscious yet anxiety-free. When we employ this method, our patients are often able to undergo multiple treatments or procedures in one visit. Oral Conscious Sedation dentistry makes smile makeovers and other cosmetic enhancements and restorative dentistry procedures much more comfortable and convenient, and it also saves our patients time by reducing the number of visits they must make to our office.
Many people have a fear of needles, have difficulty getting numb, or have a bad gag reflex, all these people can be helped through conscious sedation. These are a few of the problems that people encounter which will prevent them from seeking the Dentistry that they need.
When someone is sedated and relaxed it is possible to complete a large amount of complex dental treatment during a single visit to the dentist. People often have little or no memory of their dental visit.
If you exhibit any of the following characteristics, “Oral Conscious Sedation Dentistry” may help you:
- Fear Stress and Anxiety about going to the Dentist
- People who desire a beautiful and natural smile and have fear and anxiety associated with dentistry
- Fear of needles
- You are hard to get numb
- Dental Phobia
- A history of bad dental experiences
- Painful or sensitive teeth
- Afraid to go to the Dentist
- You are troubled with a bad gag reflex
- Difficulty controlling movement from conditions such as Cerebral Palsy or Parkinson’s disease
- You need complex treatment requiring long dental appointments
- People who have limited time to complete their required treatment and want to accomplish a lot in a single appointment.
- Treatment requiring multiple visits can often be accomplished in a single visit.