Implant Supported Dentures
What Are Implant Supported Dentures?
Implants provide additional support for your existing partial or full dentures, alleviating uncomfortable movement. In many cases, implants minimize gum irritation and pain often associated with these removable partials or conventional full dentures.
Dental Implants are small titanium fixtures which are surgically placed in the upper an/or lower jawbone. They replace the root of your missing tooth and provide an anchor for you dental prosthesis (partial or full dentures).
Why Choose Implant Supported Dentures?
- No worry or fear of the denture falling out-a stable foundation
- Restores your proper chewing ability which leads to a better diet and improved overall health
- Increase your self-confidence when talking, smiling, laughing, eating and during activities like whistling, swimming, and singing
- Improved comfort and fit
- Improved biting pressure
- Insufficient jaw structures for other types of replacements
- Eliminates tooth shifting
- No loose dentures
- No need for gooey denture adhesives
- Improves speech
- Won’t apply damaging pressure to your natural teeth
- Helps preserve healthy vital tooth structure (unlike a bridge)
- They look and feel like your own natural teeth
- Dentures can be removable, permanently fixed or permanently fixed with an option to remove them when YOU want
The Dental Implant Procedure
What are the benefits of Implant Supported Dentures?
Because implant supported dentures will replace some of your tooth roots, your bone is much better preserved. With conventional dentures, the bone that previously surrounded your teeth roots begins to deteriorate (atrophy). Dental implants integrate with the jawbone, keeping the bone healthy and intact. The loss of bone that accompanies conventional gum supported dentures leads to recession of the jawbone and a collapsed, unattractive smile. When this happens wrinkles on the face near the mouth, become deeper and many times are continually cracked and red from the moisture of the lips. Conventional dentures make it difficult to eat certain foods as they tend to move or float within your mouth. Implants allow the dentures to be “snapped” into place eliminating movement which in turn eliminates the need for adhesives. Implant dentures are extremely stable and comfortable providing improved digestion. In many cases, an implant denture will eliminate the need for the roof of your mouth to be covered by the plastic of old fashioned dentures. You will be able to taste your food much better and speak much more naturally.
Implants also provide a non-surgical facelift. Implant dentures restore lip support minimizing wrinkles around the mouth which many denture wearers suffer from.